Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Be4U - 6 Of My Favourit Furniture Designers

After researching all the designers I wanted to pick designer that i could evaluate against eachother.

I chose Panton and Paulin because their style at first glance seem similar, yet they have distinctly different lines to the designs.

I adore Ron Arads work, the ability to create such complex forms that are functional is an amazing and rarely seen gift. What better to compliment perfect organic randomness but the Campana brothers. Their use of so called rubbish to revolutionise the concept of design couldn't be more polar oposite. Yet they are both organic based designers, yes thats a pun!

I'm fasinated by Breuer and Mies. It seems to me that there creativity and design outlook, even style comes from the same place yet they led very differnt lives. One comming form a design mind side heading towards an architechtual outcome, the other comming from architechture or purly functional side and leading it, or smoothing it towards design. Both meeting close to the middle, fasinating.



No comments:

Post a Comment