Thursday, February 4, 2010

Composition Time!!

Original Image. Taken by Thomas Boulvin, tilted for easy rendering.


I modified the lighting and environment to get the best result out of the beaten up materials.

Modified the angle and rendered at a much high resolution...

Alot of thing were still very wrong with the render, i spent alot of time fixing up the imperfections in the metal. There were plenty of mistakes that occurred because the material wasn't made for mapping. I fixed the lines on the legs, changes some of the lighting on the leg so there were smooth shadows rather than harsh shadows. The main problem was the shadows, what i did was go back and render the same angle of my robot with no background as below. Cut him out and placed new, more intense shadows over the older render to kick out the shadows.
BAM, shadow are much better. no imperfection in the metals, I placed my logo on the wall, tried to make it look like graphite, and my email on the beam. 1st shot done! :)Next render time.......... hehe this is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment