Tuesday, May 19, 2009

1:1 Moch up.

Moch up of stool.

Ok, the last 1:1 had a few problems so I went back to the 1:10 models to try iron out the locking mechanisms problems and the proportions. I made several more 1:10 models which in photos look very similar to all the other 1:10 models I made before so I'm not going to post them.

After the 1:1o's I made a 1:2 out of quality cardboard to try and get a realistic look at the design. The locking system would be much less visible in x board but this cardboard just isn't strong enough to deal with it, thus it's more pronounced.

Before the legs are cut. (basic flat pack)




Developed flat pack. Cutting the corners off allows the stool to be much higher, the legs would normally colide at this hieght.

Final flat pack


Moch up. Size 1:2
Putting it together - once the stool is constructed it clicks into place holding the whole unit together.


I think with refinment the locking system can be hidden or even adapted to create a feature!



No comments:

Post a Comment