Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Refinement!

Refinement!

I initially started with a simple concept but found a few vital errors. Thus i have slowly refined my design to accommodate these problems. this first step I took was folding the same pattern a differnt way to come up with a stronger outcome this is what i came up with!

Tww legs out two legs in!


After a bit of trial and error i found out that it was much more effective to put all four legs in the middle, this create a nice aesthetic finish as well.

Four legs folded inwards!



This is the problem! the legs keep poping out if there is no weight applied!


I still could lock the legs together effectively so I made more scale models to test many theories.



Locking the legs themselves together!!


Cross it off!! fail - to flimsy, doesn't sit flat!

Adding two tab s on angles off two opposite legs!





Putting a cap on the bottom face abf fliping hte whole model upside down!




This did work... but wasn't very sound! There was no way i could fit such a large one peice flat pack into the allocated cardboard size!


So I tried cutting the corners of the square based falt pack!



This looked quite appealing but didnt help the structure!

So I tried cutting two of the four corners off the flat pack!



This shape is really nice. I will use this shape for my final model. This also solves the cardboard restrictions. By cutting the corners it enables me to make the model tall enough to comfortably sit on!

OK locking system!
Placing a back on the base and slotting it through the two opposing corners to hold the model from opening up!


This worked unbelievable well! but the back rest is on the angle! S o the user would have to sit with the point between there legs. Not to bad tho!

Second attempt!

This didn't really worked and looks bad, because of the angle of the board it didnt stop one leg from comming out.






I think I will combine the two backrest locking systems for my final model!

No comments:

Post a Comment